Job Ref: BLN072
Job Title: Part time daily Nanny
Location: Nailsworth, Gloucestershire
Start date: Trial period during July to officially start from 9th of August.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Children: 3 Boys (Aged 6, 3 and 7 months)
Hours: 33 hours per week minimum. 7:30am – 6:30/7pm
Days: TBC ( Mother is confirming her shifts with work – will know in July but ideally Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday)
- Car required suitable to accommodate 3 children (work mileage will be paid and car seats provided) – may be able to offer a family car but not guaranteed.
- Family owns 1 dog and 1 cat, plus chickens.
- Minimum of 2 years nanny experience essential to include experience caring for 3 children sole charge with one being under 1 years old.
- Candidate must understand child development.
Please note: The family employs a cleaner during the week, however if the nanny would like additional hours and is willing to carry out the cleaning this could be discussed. They could increase the hours up to 40 hours to include a Thursday.
Job Description: Busy family of 5 would like a fun and active experienced nanny to help care for their three boys on a part time basis. Both parents are doctors, and the mother will be returning to work part time in September. They would appreciate someone who is understanding of their careers and the demands that follow, therefore can offer some flexibility and support where needed. However, the family is understanding that the nanny may work for another family too due to the role only being part time. This position would suit someone who loves exploring the countryside and creating fun and engaging activities for the children. A few examples would be building dens in the garden, sport-based games, arts and crafts and baking. The two older boys attend school/preschool during the week so during term time the focus will be on the youngest. It is important the nanny has a good level of understanding with regards to child development, providing essential support to each individual child.
Standard nursery duties are required (i.e. clean/tidy all child related areas, children’s laundry, prepare/cook children’s meals, child associated admin) but they would appreciate someone who can ‘muck in’ when needed. It would be great if the nanny enjoys cooking and can ensure the children are provided with yummy and nutritious food during the day. Ideal start date would be July to allow for a trial period (official date 9th of August) with the family and an opportunity to spend time with all three children over the summer holidays, however the family are flexible.
It is essential that the candidate have the following documents in place to apply for this position.
- Must be willing to attend a registration interview either in person or via online (to be discussed individually) to ensure all documents can be checked.
- DBS Enhanced – on the update system or willing to update.
- 12 hours Paediatric first aid training
- Full valid driving license (clean where possible – any penalty point must be disclosed)
- Valid Passport
- Excellent checkable references from recent & current employment (minimum 2)
For further information or to apply please get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01380 592 029