Blossom Nannies Data Protection Policy
Our policy is for both our Clients and Candidates that require our services
Blossom Nannies Limited (‘Company’) is a ‘data controller’ and gathers and uses certain information about you.
Our data protection principles
- We will process personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- We will collect personal information for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes only, and will not process it in a way that is incompatible with those legitimate purposes;
- We will only process the personal information that is adequate, relevant and necessary for the relevant purposes;
- We will keep accurate and up to date personal information, and take reasonable steps to ensure that inaccurate personal information is deleted or corrected without delay;
- We will keep personal information in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the information is processed; and
- We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that personal information is kept secure and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
How long will we keep your information for?
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being
accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your
personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those
processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a
duty of confidentiality.
Candidates – All the information we hold on our candidates is purely for legitimate
purposes only to ensure we can process your application correctly and be put forward for
any job position or for any additional service offered by us i.e. DBS check, First aid course.
We ensure that any of our candidate’s data is not shared unless consent has been given. All
candidates’ records are held securely for 5 years unless requested otherwise (Records will
have to be kept for any nannies that are currently in employment through Blossom
Nannies Limited until their employments ends)
Clients – All the information we hold on our Client’s is purely for legitimate purposes only to
ensure we can provide a professional service and understand your requirements correctly.
We do not share any of our client’s information unless prior consent has been given. Any
data of our clients that is no longer required is automatically deleted, however we keep any
records of our Clients who currently employ Nannies through Blossom Nannies Limited,
once placement is finished your details are then removed unless requested otherwise by
our clients (contact details, job descriptions, contracts etc) For HMRC purposes we must
ensure we keep records of all our invoices which have been sent to our clients.
Your rights to correct and access your information and to ask for it to be erased
You also have the right to ask us for some but not all the information we hold and process to
be erased in certain circumstances. We will respond and provide you with further
information about the right & information within 14 days if you ask for it.
Phone: 01380 592 029
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your
information directly with Blossom Nannies. If not, contact the Information Commissioner at
https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: 0303 123 1113 for further information about your
rights and how to make a formal complaint.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.